August 17, 2011

Someone You Should Be Afraid Of - Part 2

I find it interesting how just when you think that someone has disappeared into the setting sun, they come back with a vengeance.

In a post I shared over a year ago, I introduced a character who is intent on extracting a pound of flesh in the name of 'justice' and to give 'closure' to victims of clergy sexual abuse. Mr. Jeff Anderson is back. This time he has taken his show to Milwaukee, WI. The target, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. (As I stated before,  I do not condone the actions of clergy who abuse their power and commit such appalling acts of a sexual nature.) If you'd like to see what has been going on with this case, I would direct you here.

Again, it is not that I condone such acts. The issue I have is what is gained by financially destroying a church? What does that accomplish in the long term?

No comments:

Post a Comment