June 2, 2010

Long On Words, Short On Action

Ah, Memorial Day has come and gone. The lasts wafts of grill smoke have dissipated. The temperature is starting to get warmer. This can mean only one thing.

Silly season is upon us.

By that I mean The 64th Regular Convention of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.

I know that it doesn't start until July, but I figured I'd start a little early.

Actually, compared to those who are running for office, I am starting quite late. I am also late to the game when you think about those who have been writing papers and sending junk mail to convention delegates.

But I digress.

As a famous theologian once said, "Get to the point!"

My point is this: I would like to think that I will not be let down, again, by those who have, and will, make such remarkably Lutheran statements about saving the church, restoring doctrine and liturgy, and people walking together in harmony.

I know, I'm kidding myself.

Just once in my lifetime, I'd like to see people actually take a stand. Not make idle threats if they don't get their way. I would like to see some action. I would like to have people stand up and tell the truth. Make the current leadership give an account of what they have done, or not done. Explain where all the money has gone. Explain where all of these members that were suppose to materialize with their programs are.

In other words, "No more Mr. Nice Guy." Seriously, the current administration doesn't play by the rules, why follow rules that everyone else feels they are not bound by?

I just would like to see a group stand up and say, "Enough is enough!"


Confidential to Jack C. from Michigan - I will not be paying for your drinks this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment